Assignment: Outsourcing an MNC - Part 1
ORIGINAL PAPER - ONLY
- MUST PASS ORIGINALITY REPORT
- MUST PASS PLAGIARISM CHECK - WITH 10 OR LESS RESULTS
- B OR ABOVE GRADE
Imagine that you are a senior business manager for a U.S.-based MNC. Your directorate has informed you that the organization must outsource its Information Technology (IT) department, along with shipping and warehousing, to an emerging market in order to reduce excessive costs. For your division directorate, you will prepare a written analysis of the top-two (2) countries within emerging markets that your company should consider for this new business strategy.
In preparation for this assignment, use the Internet or Strayer databases to research two (2) countries within emerging markets.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the background of your hypothetical corporation. Your description should include, but not be limited to, the type of business, products, and services that your MNC provides.
- Examine both the role that your MNC plays in international business and the major benefits of globalization for the corporation.
- Compare and contrast the two (2) selected countries in terms of economic systems, cultural ideologies, political systems, legal and regulatory environments, advancements in technology and e-Business capabilities, and ethics and social responsibility.
- Using Hofstede's four (4) original dimensions of culture, distinguish between the major value differences and similarities across the cultures found within each of the selected countries.
- Evaluate the suitability of each selected country for global and regional integration.
- Recommend the country that the company should consider for its new international business strategy. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the current trends in international business and highlight major regional trade characteristics.
- Explain the role of multinational corporations (MNCs) in international business.
- Analyze the major economic, social/cultural, technology, and political/legal aspects of the international business environment.
- Analyze the ethical issues in conducting international business and develop guidelines for a company to operate in an ethical and socially responsible manner in global markets.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global management.
- Write clearly and concisely about global management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.