This is a formal research paper and must be eight to ten pages in
length. Imagine that this paper will be used as a reference for
individuals who are completely unfamiliar with social psychology
principles. This paper will provide them with an overview of the field,
and explain the key principles associated with its practice.
Include the following components in your research paper:
1. Discovering the Self – How do we perceive ourselves and our interactions with others?
a. Self-concept, awareness, and self-schemas
b. The acting self
c. Self-esteem and self-efficacy
2. Thinking About Others – What judgments do we make about other people?
a. Attributions: internal, external, explanatory style
b. Attitudes and behavior
c. Prejudice, stereotypes, discrimination
3. Influencing Others: Persuasion – How do we use the power of persuasion?
a. Persuasion techniques
b. Characteristics of the persuader, message, audience
4. Influencing Others: Obedience and Conformity – What factors lead us to conform and become obedient?
a. Aggressive behavior and aggression cues
b. Prosocial behavior
c. Relationship building, love, and attraction
5. Group Dynamics – What are elements of a group?
a. Types of groups
b. Consequences of Groupthink
c. Social dilemmas
After addressing the components above, reflect on the future of social
psychology. Given the immense changes that our society is experiencing
(both nationally and internationally), what do you predict will occur in
the field of social psychology? What ground-breaking new research do
The Final Paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the
title page, reference page, and any appendices) and it must follow APA
format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. The Final Paper
will demonstrate accomplishment of course learning outcomes through
critical analysis of theory and research.