Week 4 discussion 1
There must be a working relationship between police, police management,
investigators, and prosecutors in the investigation of a crime, especially in
high profile crimes. Each member of the investigation team plays an
important role. Taking this into consideration, respond to the following
- What it the role of the primary officer at a crime
- What is the role of police management?
- What is the role of further investigating officers?
- What is the role of the prosecutor?
- In your opinion, which team member has the most
responsibility in seeing that the investigation comes to a successful
conclusion? Why? Please support your answer.
I will take
care of the reading just need all questions answered and list references thanks
To add to your understanding of this week’s
learning outcomes, it is recommended that you read the following chapters from
the text, Criminal Investigation:
- Chapter 14 – Arson and Explosives Investigation
successfully add to your understanding of this week’s learning outcomes, it is
recommended that you watch the following PowerPoint presentations:
R. F. & Dutelle, A. W. (2013). Criminal investigation (4th ed.)
Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
(2007, November 6). Crime scene basics [Power Point Presentation]. Retrieved from
(2009, October 5). Crime scene management [Power Point Presentation]. Retrieved