Assume that you are a Quality
Officer who is responsible for one of the state’s largest healthcare
organizations. You have been told that the quality of patient care has decreased,
and you have been assigned a project that is geared toward increasing quality
of care for the patients. Your Chief Executive Officer has requested a six to
eight-page summary of your recommended initiatives.
Note: You may create and /or make
all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
1. Analyze three (3) quality initiatives for your
2. Determine the supporting factors that would
aid in the reduction of healthcare cost in your organization without reducing
quality of care for the patients.
3. Differentiate between quality in a free market
healthcare system and in single payer government system with three (3) examples
4. Specify three (3) common law quality
initiatives that are still found in 21st century healthcare organizations.
5. Defend your position on the importance of
healthcare quality for your organization. Provide support with at least three
(3) examples that illustrate your position.
6. Assemble a plan to protect patient information
that complies with all legal requirements.
7. Use at least three (3) quality references.Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do
not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting
Be typed, double spaced, using
Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations
and references must follow APA specific
format. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
Healthcare policy paper format.doc