The purpose of the "Scientific Method" is to prove or disprove a hypthesis. In courses that are strictly scientific in nature, such as biology, the "Scientific Method" is used as a step-by-step process as an experiment. However, in a course such as critical thinking, we can still apply the scientific method to help us slove problems. Your assignment is to apply the scientific method by answering questions related to the case study.
Directions to complete assignment:
1. Read the case study. 2. Use the worksheet to respond to the questions.
Case Study-Is Johnny Cheating?
Johnna is dating Johnny, and they have been living togther for the past 6 months. Every Wednesday night Johnny stays out until 10p.m. During that time, he does not answer Johnna's text message or phone calls. When he does come over he smells like a women's perfume. More recently during the weekends he is running errands and going shopping, but never come home with any bags. Even though they are much in love, Johnna thinks that Johnny is cheating on her.
Questions that need to be answer about the story:
1.In your own words, describe the problem. What do u think Johnny is doing?(This is your hypothesis.)
2. What actions could you take to either prove, or disapprove, your hypothesis?
3. Describe at least 2 ways to either prove or disprove the hypothesis.
4. What type of information would you need, and how would u collect information?
5. In your opinion, what kinds of issues do you think Jphnna may face when interpreting information?
1. Answer each question in paragraph format.
2. Your answer must be written in complete sentences, without spelling or grammatical errors.
3.Your answer must be in your own words.
4. Use Ms Word to complete this assignment.