Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written report and a
PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files
for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the
section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Written Report
Read the case study titled, “Generative Software Development” located in
Chapter 5 of the textbook. Then, imagine a situation where your organization is
considering a generative development process for its new line of software
products. You are asked to present a written report to the organization’s CIO
about generative software development and its usage.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Define in your own words, what is meant by generative software development,
and describe how it contrasts with other software development processes.
- Describe the benefits of applying the generative development in an
- Explain the challenges of implementing the generative software development
process in an organization.
- Describe how the challenges faced during the implementation of the
generative software development process can be overcome.
- Examine how this development process might be applied to develop software in
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
You have also been asked to develop a presentation to be shown at the next
shareholder’s convention to explain why the organization has chosen to implement
a generative development process.
Prepare a seven to ten (7-10) slide PowerPoint presentation in which
- Summarize the main points in the written report.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for the presentation to the shareholders in
the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any
fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this
assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
- Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Identify and apply the steps in producing the software architecture.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced software engineering topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.