Due Week 7 and worth 60 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a test plan and a PowerPoint
presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the
completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of
the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Test Plan
In the previous assignments, you were tasked to develop a Web-based student
registration system. Senior management was pleased with your proposal and gave
you the green light to start with the project. You have determined the system
requirements and your team is now in the middle of developing the final product.
To ensure that the software is written according to the requirement
specification, you are now focusing on the testing plan for this project.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) types of tests that will be needed to test this software
- Describe the strategy you would use for each type of test.
- Outline the test cases in a test plan for each type of test.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
You have also been asked to develop a presentation to be shown at the next
software development team meeting to explain why you have chosen to implement
the specific strategy outlined in your test plan.
Prepare a seven to ten (7-10) slide PowerPoint presentation in which
- Summarize the main points in the test plan.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for the presentation to the executive board
in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any
fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this
assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
- Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Compare and contrast testing techniques and concepts to include functional,
performance, acceptance, and installation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced software engineering topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.