Topic 1: Career Stages
Using Donner and Wheeler’s (2004) Outcomes of a Career Planning.pdf or McNeese-Smith’s (2000) Ovid_ Job Stages of Entry, Mastery, and Disengagement Among Nurses.pdf career stage descriptions, explain the following:
- At which stage is your career?
- In what ways might knowing the stage of your career influence your personal career development plan?
- How could the career planning process help you to be successful in an advanced nurse role?
- Are there disadvantages to having a detailed career development plan?
- What are some advantages to planning your career as opposed to not having a specific plan for achieving your goals?
At least 250 words, with in-text citations and references at the bottom.
McNeese-Smith, D. (2000). Job stages of entry, mastery, and disengagement among nurses. Journal of Nursing Administration, 30(3), 140–147.
Hall, L. M., Waddell, J., Donner, G., & Wheeler, M. (2004). Outcomes of a career planning and development program for RNs. Nursing Economics, 22(5), 231–238.