Topic: You may choose any of the following topics as it relates to the literature selections you have read or will have completed. The textbook is The Norton Anthology Western Literature Ninth Edition Vol.1. The paper must focus primarily on an analysis of the literature in the book as it relates to that subject. You may not do a biography of an author.
1. The Ancient World- Definition and Discovery/ The Ideal Hero/ A Woman's Life
2. The Middle Ages- (610-1450) - Exile and Journey/ Family and Friendship/ The Quest
3. The Renaissance- (1300-1674) - Religion and Worship/ Argument and Authority
Length: Your final paper should be about 1500-2000 words.
Sources: You MUST have all three of the following: (1) 4 journal/magazine/periodical sources from the AVL, (2) 1 book other than your text. You will need a minimum of five sources that are sufficiently varied in type and author to show breadth and depth. Remember also to keep in mind the validity or credibility of your sources, whether these are well-researched works by unbiased authors as discussed in class. Failure to have the minimum number and types of required sources will result in an automatic deduction of five points off the top of your research paper grade.
Format: MLA format
What to have completed:
2. Work cited page attached to manuscript
3. Printed copy of all sources with the information used highlighted.
Literature Criticism Resources
Alabama Virtual Library- http://www.avl.lib.al.us