Portfolio Project: Deploy and Administer Windows Server 2012 (200 Points)
The Portfolio Project is due at the end of Week 8—the last week and module of the course. This assignment is a means for students to display their mastery of the material, and to provide a creative and realistic way in which to apply knowledge from ITS405.
Create a detailed, organized, and unified technical solution given a scenario described in the document linked below:
ITS405 Portfolio Project Scenario
Your solution should draw on the content presented in the course. The outline below lists points/topics to cover. You are free to provide additional, related information.
Provide technical and justification reasons for each choice, citing resources as appropriate. Provide rough estimates of scheduling and manpower required for deploying your solution. You may summarize the schedule and manpower at the end of the document, or include it separately for each section.
The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
Your solution should cover the following four numbered areas and associated bulleted items listed under each:
- Deployment and Server Editions
- How many total servers are needed? Which roles will be combined?
- Which edition of Windows Server will be used for each server (e.g., Standard, Data)?
- Should servers be virtualized using Hyper-V?
- Where will each of the servers be located (which of the two sites)?
- How will the servers be deployed?
- DNS namespace design (e.g., domain name[s] chosen split DNS for internet/intranet, zones)
- How will DNS be handled for the second site?
- Active Directory
- Number of AD domains and names of those domains
- Will there be any Read-Only Domain Controllers?
- How will the second site factor into domain controller placement? How will AD sites be configured?
- File and Printer Sharing
- What shares might be needed? (Consider some of the reasoning supplied in the relevant chapter of the textbook.)
- How will quotas/FSRM be configured? (Consider all aspects, such as thresholds, altering, file screens, and reporting.)
- Will a DFS namespace be implemented?
Your submission will:
- Be in written format, 6-8 pages in length (not counting diagrams).
- Include at least one diagram illustrating your chosen Active Directory design with DNS namespace hierarchy.
- Cite and discuss no fewer than three credible sources, other than course readings and media. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these sources.
Document formatting and citations should conform to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Submit your project from the Module 8 Assignments page.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Hello, I'm done with your task, all parts are well and clearly illustrated.
Running head: DEPLOYING AND ADMINISTERING WINDOWS SERVER 2012
Deploying and Administering Windows Server 2012
DEPLOYING AND ADMINISTERING WINDOWS SERVER 2012
This paper involves Windows Server 2012 Proposal which is subject to the given scenario.
Installing of Windows Server 2012 is very critical, even on a growing network or system. The
successfulness of business relies on design and implementation of business network enterprise.
Heedful planning and strategies can play a great part by keeping users away from numerous
hindrances (Galitz, 2007). This is achieved through facilitating easy identification of potential
pitfalls and issuing guidelines how to eschew them.
New-Features of Windows Server-2012
Among advantages with this new Server Manager interface involves its ability generate
server groups, which are buildups of servers which are already existing on current on network and
can be controlled via the new user experience. Making new server groups offers users with new
opportunities to control tasks between each other using—a server group guiding all other machines
under control of IIS, for instance, a group of all database servers, and so on—and provide particular
information on any of them as you wish. This is a big blessing for organizations which are not
having their dedicated monitoring software in place (Galitz, 2007).
Hyper-V Replica app allow users during replication of virtual machine from one point to
the other by using Hyper-V accompanied by a network connection—and without the need of any
shared storage needed. This is achieved by use VMware with new licensees paying at an extra
DEPLOYING AND ADMINISTERING WINDOWS SERVER 2012
We have thousands and hundreds of cmdlets in most recent version of new Windows Server. In
this case, our life will have been made easier because PowerShell is among preferred method used
for dealing with numerous workloads encountered when running the operating system.
Deployment & Server Editions
Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V will be employed on all servers all over the enterprise.
Hyper-V will be backing WAI’s workload, with its extended backing for numerous host
processors. Additionally, Hyper-V will allow WAI to make use of available servers while still
updating to new hardware technology for current and future virtualization. Server-Core will be put
on all servers for consistenc...