Part I—Hands-on Lab
For this assignment, you will display information from a Microsoft Access database by using SQL commands.
Using the Microsoft Access database Teresa'sTrees, write SQL statements for the given tasks. Once complete, copy the SQL statements from Microsoft Access and paste them in a Microsoft Word document that will be submitted along with part II of the assignment.
Write an SQL statement:
- To display all the information from the Customer table
- To display each shipping date for customer 1 from the Invoice table
Note: Display both the customer number and the shipping date.
- To display the names of all the trees that cost at least $200.00
- To display all the information for invoice number 2
- To list the phone and last name of all customers
- To list the phone, first name, and last name of all customers whose last name starts with "J"
- To return the number of customers
- To determine the average total invoice amount
- To show all the items ordered from invoice number 3
- To show the first and last names along with the invoice number of all customers with an invoice of at least $250.00
Part II—Course Project
This part of the assignment is a detailed project designed to help you learn the modeling of business requirements and understand the physical implementation of logical business models through the use of E-R models..
Course Project Part 1—Database Planning
For this week, imagine that you have been hired by a company to build a database for it and complete the following tasks:
- Describe your idea of the database.
- This can be a business problem or a hobby you are interested in—for example, an airline reservation system.
- Outline the database you would like to create.
- Outline the SDLC. Include the following subcategories:
- Strategy and analysis for a business or an idea you plan to develop
- Analysis of the current system:
- What does the company have?
- What business projections does it have?
- Integration with other systems—plan how the current system can be integrated with other systems
- Documentation and communication—describe how this vital part will be accomplished
- Design for changes—prepare a plan for the future
- Reusable resources—do not redo work; identify what the company has in place that you can use
(This is the best part of the project—you create everything!)
Note: Whatever you create is fiction and the above-mentioned six items will need to be addressed in the final document.
After you complete the lab and course project, collate the information from both in a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document. please use APA format
graded on the following elements:
Submitted ten SQL statements that are free of syntax errors and return the desired results.
Submitted the course project document that provides relevant information for each subhead and contains the following subheads:
- Description of the database idea
- An outline for the identified database
- SDLC for the project