Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you compare two juvenile diversion, intervention, or prevention programs operating in your city or state. Include the following:
- How do the programs work to reduce juvenile crime?
- What are the programs' major goals, objectives, and core beliefs?
- How do community-based programs address issues related to juvenile gang violence?
- What is the role of law enforcement in the programs?
- Who are the key participants in these programs?
- What services do they provide to juveniles?
- Which of the two programs is more effective at reducing juvenile crime? Why?
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Explanation & Answer
Here you go, please let me know soon if you would like any revisions!
Crime Causation and
Causes and Behaviors
• Adams County
• Denver County
Goals and Objectives
Juveniles are defined according to the law a
person who isn’t old enough to be held
responsible for their actions. In some states
and on a federal level, the age where a
juvenile will become an adult isn’t until the
reach the age of 18.
Trauma that occurred during birth
• Abuse and neglect throughout
• Ineffective discipline from parent/s
• Disruptions to the family circle
• Conduct and hyperactivity
• Failure in school
• Learning disabilities
• Peer influences that are negative
• Inadequate housing
• Lives in a high-crime area
Major Causes of Delinquent Behavior in
Failure in School
• Academic performa...