Analyze and explain the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating.
Write a response of at least 350 words that explains the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders. Address the following:
- Describe the risks associated with excess body fat.
- Discuss at least five factors that influence the obesity epidemic.
- Assess the various techniques for measuring body fat.
- Explain the various strategies for weight loss.
- What are some health problems associated with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder? Explain how each of the eating disorders mentioned may lead to health problems. What are the treatment options for these disorders?
Include references with citations in APA format.
Needs introduction, conclusion, and reference page. Cite all work
Explanation & Answer
Running Head: BODY FAT AND EATING DISORDERS
Body Fat and Eating Disorders
BODY FAT AND EATING DISORDERS
It is evident that obesity is a growing global health concern which needs an immediate
action to curb the further spread of the condition. The various health problems associated with
the obesity health status in human beings are severe and can also generate to other health
conditions which may result in loss of life. Eating disorders explain the illnesses which are
associated with irregular eating habits as well as severe distress or concern about weight and
shape of the body. The most common types of eating disorders include the Anorexia Nervosa,
Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and they frequently affect both sexes. Despite these
conditions being treatable, the symptoms and effects can be detrimental and deadly if not
Risks associated with excess body fat
If one is carrying many extra pounds, he or she faces a higher risk of a whopping 50
different health conditions. Therefore, increasing your weight enhanc...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!