The final project will be a Project Demonstrating Excellence Summary Paper. The Final Project must reflect college-level writing and thinking, and will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Each student is required to write a Project Demonstrating Excellence (PDE) Final Project paper that is 8-12 double-spaced pages in length. The purpose of the assignment is to give the student a means of displaying their analytical reasoning/critical thinking skills. This will be for the benefit of both the peer as well as the instructor.
The student will be expected to take a concept, theory or topic discussed/explained in the text (i.e. inventory control, strategic alliances, technology and supply management, etc.). The student is expected to present a scholarly discussion of the chosen topic and adhere to the format/style required by the APA Manual. The student is encouraged to seek out information from other sources (preferably scholarly) to establish, explain and/or defend the particular points they raise. The learning outcomes to be reflected in the PDE may include 1-5, at the very least, outcomes 1-3 MUST be covered in the paper.Expected learning/critical thinking:
Writing the Final Project
- Develop an understanding of supply chain management practices and procedures in organizations today.
- Apply an understanding of how the supply chain system operates and its significance relative to a business operation.
- The ability to recognize and design a supply chain.
- Assess procurement and outsourcing strategies focusing on strategic purchasing, outsourcing and the supplier footprint.
- Review strategies for creating and/or maintaining quality in the distribution process.
- Must be eight- to twelve- double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from Ashford University Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky,
P., & Simchi-Levi, E. (2008)Designing
and managing the supply chain: Concepts, strategies and case studies. (3rded.) with companion CD-Rom. Boston:
McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN: 9780073341521