Mapping the Product Life Cycle
Thesis statement: The product life cycle of a product is critical for marketing managers to
guarantee that they can raise and maintain their sales.
3. PLC concept and importance to marketing managers
4. Role pricing strategy
5. How managers decide on a role pricing strategy
8. Introduction stage
9. Growth stage
10. Maturity stage
11. Decline stage
12. The importance of PLC and consequences if not monitored
Mapping the Product
July 31, 2017
• I am a marketing manager of a leading audio brand founded in
• The brand currently holds 70% of the headphone market within
majority of the developed countries.
• Monitor the products life cycle and adjust in an effort to maintain
and grow the sales.
• Checking the pricing strategy as well as the effect that it has on the
sales of the headphones.
1. Find innovative ways to improve the product based on changes to
the industry and consumer needs.
2. Ensure the brand is being represented by the current trending
professional sports and music talent
3. Co-market our product with current leading brands
4. Ensure our products are manufactured with the best quality with
competitive pricing .
5. Stay focused on the future and never the past.
PLC Concept and Importance to Marketing
• The product life cycl...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer