1. Using 3 Natural Disasters (earthquake, volcano, flood, etc) discussed in your text, write an essay that describes each disaster in terms of how humans predicted the disaster 100 years ago, today, and expectations of future predictions.
2. Discuss precursors, the use of technology, and the ability to determine exact locations or the expected scale of the event.
3. Take it to the next step using the same 3 Natural Disasters locate 3 different countries that have been affected by each disaster. (Pick ONE disaster for each of the 3 countries). For example, If a choose hurricanes, tornadoes, and tsunamis for my 3 disasters and my 3 countries are Puerto Rico, USA, and Japan. Then I would describe the points a-d separately for each country and the chosen disaster. In my case I will describe a Hurricane event in PR, a tornado event in USA and a Tsunami event in Japan. If you fine more than one event in each country you are welcome to include them.
4. Summarize a specific event of each natural disaster for each of these countries.
a. Be sure to discuss the recovery of event by detailing how these cities/countries rebounded.
b. Be sure to include if the country never fully recovered, recovered somewhat, or completely recovered.
c. Be sure to include details on how long recovery took.
d. Include recovery costs in terms of life, physical possessions, money, etc.
5. For each the 3 countries answer the following:
a. What is their current population?
b. What other Natural Disasters have commonly impacted these countries (you can include disease).
c. Identify the most likely type of natural disaster to occur in the present.
d. What was the approximate population of the country when those disasters hit the country?
e. What are the projected population levels for these countries for the future, such as 2050?
6. You must have citations within the paragraphs as well as figures.
7. Use examples, real data, etc. to support your answers along with a reference list and citations.