I need to write a program to evaluate arithmetic expressions (using infix notation). The easiest way to accomplish this is a two-step process:
· Convert the infix notation expression to the equivalent expression in postfix notation.
· Evaluate the postfix notation.
The program needs to do the following:
· Prompt the user to submit an arithmetic expression.
o I may assume that the expression is entered with spaces between all numbers and operators. That is, it will look like this:
( ( 7 + 6 ) * ( 16 – 2 ) ) / 2
Rather than like this:
This will make the reading in of the expression much easier.
· Evaluate the expression (using the two step process above).
· Print the value of the expression for the user.
For example, running the program might look like this:
Please enter an arithmetic expression: ( ( 7 + 6 ) * ( 16 – 2 ) ) / 2
The value of that expression is: 91
For this, I need one code file: the file defining the program (called “main.cpp”). I need to use the STL version of the stack class.
Please HELP ME!!!