Create a plan that outlines a research study on international communications channels and the associated qualitative method(s) you will use to analyze the data collected in the research study. The plan must include an abstract, introduction, literature review, methods section, and an expected conclusions section per APA standards. At least seven outside sources are to be used in the literature review section of the study.
Your research plan should look like a research article from a refereed journal, without the results section, but with an expected conclusions section. The most time and emphasis should be placed on the method and expected conclusions sections of your paper, as appropriate qualitative research methods are the focus of this course.
Details: For your selected topic, please complete the following:
- Abstract – this is a relatively short piece, no more than one page in length (double spaced), where you summarize the paper. In it, you will give a brief description of the research study to be done. This piece of the proposal should be written in such a way that the reader of your Research Plan will be interested in your proposal and want to read further to find out the details.
- Introduction – this is where you introduce the study. Here you discuss the problems, going from general to more specific, that lead to the hypothesized investigation, solution, and proposal to conduct research on the hypothesis or hypotheses.
- Literature Review – in this section, you should present existing information regarding your topic. You will present summaries of articles and their findings that support the background leading up to your study, or any aspect of the research proposed.
- Method – here you tell the reader how you will gather the data that you will use to test your hypothesis or hypotheses in your research study, as well as all qualitative research procedures you’ll use to gather and evaluate your data. Your target audience and the specific research techniques that you will use should be identified in this section of the paper.
- Expected Conclusions – using fake data, use charts, graphs, and any analyses you think are appropriate for this proposal. Write a summary description, critique, evaluation, and comparison of the qualitative research technique(s). Discuss each method’s procedures, strengths and weaknesses, typical findings, best applications, and the unique qualities of each.
Support your paper with a minimum of 7 resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 12-15 pages not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 7 scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.