For this assignment you will
need a lesson plan or unit that includes an assessment. You may use one of your
own, create a new one, or modify one that you find. Make sure the assessment
contains all the elements of effective assessment and then explain or provide
measures to show:
- How it aligns to the essential knowledge,
understanding, and skills of the targeted learning outcomes.
- How students will be absolutely clear of those targeted
- Why it is the right kind of assessment to measure what
needs to be measured
- Why it is a fair sample of the content to be assessed
- How it emphasizes what matters most in the topic of
- How it works for the students who will use it
- How it will provide an opportunity for students to
demonstrate what they know, understand, and can do
- How you will provide clear and effective feedback
- How it will lead to improved instruction
- How students will benefit from the assessment
Make sure to identify the grade level and content area as
well as appropriate learning outcomes or objectives that are being assessed.
There is not a page or length requirement for this assignment; however be sure
to address all elements listed above, and provide the proper APA citation for
any sources that you use. Include a title page and reference page(s).