1. Identify and discuss at least three difficulties associated with identifying bodies in mass disaster.
2. Identify and discuss at least two forensic specialists that may be needed to positively identify the decedent and how they can be used identify the individual. Be sure to explain when these specialists are most likely to be consulted.
3. Describe the differences between positive, presumptive, and tentative ID? Which methods of identification are the most reliable, and why? Which methods of positive identification are the most practical (efficient and cost effective)?
Explanation & Answer
View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions.please find the attached file
Medical and Legal Investigations of Death
1. Identify and discuss at least three difficulties associated with identifying bodies in mass
Several interrelated circumstances and issues are part of a mass disaster scenario. The
circumstances or factors are also likely to challenge identifying the mass disaster bodies
(Pfefferli, 2015). Perhaps the most significant factors include the number of victims during the
process, the magnitude of body fragmentation, and the body destruction mechanisms. Other
factors include body accessibility and DNA degradation rates, making it difficult to identify the
mass disaster bodies.
2. Identify and discuss at least two forensic specialists that may be needed to positively
identify the decedent and how they can be used to identify the individual. Be sure to explain
when these specialists are most likely to be consulted.
Forensic anthropology and odontologist are two forensic specialists likely to identify the
decedent positively. Forensic anthropologists are critical in supporting investigations based on
anthropological mysteries and case cri...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
Purdue University Global colorado technical university online colorado technical university online South University-Savannah Florida International University South University-Savannah FIU Savannah State University Laguardia community college Colorado Technical University The University of California Los Angeles The University of California Los Angeles