You now have been tasked with Performance Management, another role and responsibility as a Human Resource Manager. It's important to have a performance management plan set before the position is hired for. This is for a few reasons:
- Reduces the chance of bias in a performance evaluation.
- Reduces the chance of the performance evaluation not aligning to the position.
- Sets expectations and standards that the new hire is aware of upfront.
- Enables all persons of a position to be evaluated on the same criterion.
Since you are new as a Human Resource Manager, and the Claims Supervisor is a new position, you need to have a plan for a performance management system of the position. You are aware, from the job description, that it will require performance measurements that are both qualitative (text-based) and quantitative (numbers-based).
As the Human Resource Manager for Premium Auto Insurance, it is your role and responsibility to ensure you have a management performance system without bias, that is legal and ethical, and that the performance system aligns to the position.
Conduct academic research as well as reliable webpages and create a minimum 4 page proposal to the CEO in which you complete the following for approval of a performance management system for the new position, Claims Supervisor:
- Description of the categories to be measured.
- Description of ratings to be used.
- Example of performance evaluation form.
- Explanation for each of your recommendations.
- Remember that this is a proposal. Make sure to format your paper properly for your proposal. A proposal is a persuasive document, so make sure to use proper language and tone. Remember, you are the HR Manager and you are writing to the CEO so use a tone in your proposal that is specific to your audience (the CEO).
- Include an APA formatted reference page with at least 2 credible sources. Make sure to include APA in-text citations for any information used from outside sources.