|Deliverable Length:||700 words|
Understanding how to properly value a vanilla bond is essential for finance.
Find two companies with debt and that pay dividends. You can use the following
stock screener to find a company: http://www.google.com/finance/stockscreener.
Add the criteria of long-term debt to assets to ensure the company has debt. Add
the criteria of dividend per share. Find both company’s financial pages at: http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml. Look
at the long-term debt on the balance sheet. Determine the coupon price, the
length until maturity and the yield to maturity. Calculate today’s price of the
- List the pertinent information on the bond you chose and then calculate the
price of one bond from both companies.
- Which bond is receiving the higher price? Explain your answer.
- From a time value of money frame of mind, what does each rate say about the
viewpoint on the time value of money?
- Which company has a better credit rating? Explain your answer.
- Based on the credit rating, which company do you believe the bank feels more
secure will pay back the loan? Explain your answer.
- Why does the bank charge more interest for one company than another?
- What does the credit rating say to an investor?
- Which bond looks is more financially attractive? Explain why you chose the
answer you did.
Demonstrate an understanding of the time value of money
Demonstrate the ability to perform interest rate calculations for single and
multiple time period cash flows.
Demonstrate the ability to calculate the future value and present value of
Demonstrate the ability to value plain vanilla bonds.
|Deliverable Length:||10 slides with 200 words of speaker's notes per slide|
Both the operations manager and the warehouse manager have been impressed
with your argument in making a case of supply chain management and quality
management within the company. The operations manager in your department wants
you to conduct a formal presentation to him and the rest of the floor staff to
highlight the benefits of supply chain management. He has over 30 years of
operational management experience with the company, and he is skeptical of any
change. He has never used any type of supply chain management techniques or
tools, but found your discussion on supply chain interesting. The warehouse
manager has also expressed interest in having you conduct a similar presentation
with a focus on quality management for his department and staff member at a
later date. This is your opportunity to really pitch the advantages of
implementing supply chain management and for designing a quality assurance
process for these two departments within your company.
Develop a compelling presentation to the operations manager
that will explore the benefits of implementing supply chain management on his
- Use the following format:
- 10 slides
- Eye-catching graphics, clip art, charts, and models
- A minimum of 200 words of speaker's notes per slide
- APA, 6th edition format for all citations and references
- Content should include the following:
- Create 2–3 slides covering 1-2 basic terms,
1–2 concepts, and 2–3 principles of supply
- Create 2–3 slides providing examples of 3 supply chain
tools and techniques and explanations of how they are used.
- Cite and explain 3 examples of how supply chain management has helped a
company to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Citations and references must be given for all content sources.
Examine the concepts of managing operations as they apply to the production
of goods and services.
Apply the appropriate operations tools to aid in decision-making and
Introduce students to the concepts of managing operations as they apply to
the production of goods and services.