Assignment: Key Concepts in Economics (175 points)
Due Week 10 and worth 175 points
For the Week 8 Apply the Principle you selected an article or video from the various This Week in Business News. You have already written a paragraph explaining why the topic in the article/video is important. You have already summarized the article and identified the economic principle(s) or economic theories that are the foundation of the article.
Starting from that work; this week, you are to research what others have said. You are to find at least 3 academic quality source that explore the same topic and/or explain the economic principles found in the article/video. As you example these new references, do they agree/support with the initial article? Do these new resources shed additional understanding of the economic principles?
Now, write a paper explaining all of the research in which the final portion of the paper is your conclusion.
The paper should include:
- your introduction, your summary and understanding of the initial article/video;
- short discussions of what your additional research found;and;
- Your conclusion based on the research and explained what you learned and how you will use this new understanding
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Write an introduction for your paper explaining why the topic in the article/video is: a) important to you; and/or b) why you think others should understand the topics or issue.
- Write a 3-4 paragraph summary explaining the key points made in the article/video.
- Identify and explain how the principles or theories studied in the course are foundational to the issues discussed in the article/video.
- Find three other academic quality articles on the same topic. Identify what these articles contribute to understanding the topic or issue and do they agree, not agree, of somewhat agree/disagree with the initial article.
- Write a conclusion in which explains what you learned about the topic and what conclusion you draw from your research on the topic.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.