Need help with my Marketing question - I’m studying for my class.
For this assignment, you will choose a company with which you are
familiar. You are encouraged to choose a company for which you currently
work or have worked, but you may choose some other firm if you believe
it will be a compelling analysis.
You may choose one area of the company, such as a manufacturing plant
or product design, to focus on if you can make a strong case. Your
recommendations should have the following features.
- Repeatable: If you “fix” three things in a manufacturing plant, you should be able to tackle the “next” three in iteration.
- Scalable: If they work in one plant, they should work in all of them.
- Replicable: Your process for improvement should be repeatable in different, disparate parts of the organization.
This is a key initiative at the “C” level, and your recommendation will reach the board of directors.
Your paper must include the following sections:
- Strategic Overview: (1 page)
Provide a brief description of the following elements:
- The company, including its products or services
- Marketing strategy: target market segments, value proposition, market position, and source of competitive differentiation
- Organizational structure
- Any other relevant facts
- Analysis of the Supply Chain: (4 pages)
Analyze the supply chain for your identified company by explaining the following key elements of the supply chain:
key inputs, including less tangible assets, such as human resources and
information. How are these key inputs sourced, reconfigured into a
product or service, and delivered to your customers?
the key processes that add value, and evaluate the supply chain
performance relative to the competition. What are the key inputs for
each process? How are these inputs processed or configured into the
final offering for your customers?
- What is the value added at each step?
- What is the role of information technology and e-commerce in serving your customers?
- What are the key performance measures for evaluating your supply chain?
- Research online sources to explain how the performance on these measures compares to that of your competitors?
- Plan to Improve Operating Processes: (3 pages)
a plan for improving the performance of three specific operating
processes in your company. Your plan should address the following:
- Identify three elements of the supply chain that you recommend as targets for improvement.
the performance improvement opportunity for each element, and indicate
how it will improve process speed, quality, efficiency, and
- Explain what specific action or change you recommend for each supply chain element selected.
- Explanation of the Results of Performance Improvements Regarding Product or Service: (2 pages)
Explain the following:
- How will your product or service be improved as a result of these changes to the supply chain activities?
- How are you altering the specific features or attributes of your product or service?
- Why are these specific changes important to your customers?
- How do these changes enhance the value proposition and competitive position of your company?
- What lasting capabilities and improvement are you introducing into your company through these changes?
- How will you measure the scope and impact of your improvements? What are your key performance indicators?
- Assessment of the Impact on Human Resources: (1–2 pages)
how your plan impacts your company’s HR and human capital strategy by
explaining how the organization’s structure supports the new process
configuration you are recommending. Your response should address the
- Are the
roles and responsibilities in your organization properly defined and
aligned to enable these changes? Who will perform these new/modified
process activities, and what changes to their jobs do you anticipate?
decision-making authority assigned so that the process changes you
propose can be implemented and properly managed under the current
structure? Who will own the process and the results? Based on the
current structure, will they have the authority to make changes as
- Are the individuals with the right skills in place to
implement these changes? If not, how will you attract the talent
necessary to implement your changes? How will you retrain the existing
employee base? How will you handle attrition? How will you reduce the
risk of impacted protected classes?
Explain changes to the compensation and incentives at your company that
are necessary to reinforce your recommendations and increase efforts
for continuous improvement throughout the organization. Explain how your
plan motivates employees, customers, and suppliers better.
an 10–12-page paper in Word format. You may rearrange the above
sections if it improves the quality of your paper. Apply APA standards
to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention:
By Saturday, December 7, 2013, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
This assignment is worth 300 points and will be graded using a
rubric. Download and read the rubric to understand the expectations.