Develop Professional Résumés
In order to demonstrate an awareness of psychological career alternatives in a community setting, you will develop résumés for each of the professional experts chosen for your presentation in the Week Three discussion. Include relevant academic and professional experience that highlights their careers, appropriate skills, and expertise. Brief job descriptions identifying the major duties associated with each relevant work experience should also be included in the résumé. The job description format should be based on the Professional Experience section in the “Sample Resume for a Counseling Psychologist.” Each résumé should be two to three pages in length. You may use the resources available on the following web pages:
You may use additional sources for career information as long as they are credible. An example of a credible source for this information would include The Chronicle of Higher Education. To begin constructing your résumés, utilize the Resume Builder tool provided by Ashford University. This will allow you to create drafts of your résumés so that you may revise and refine your assignments before submitting them.
To utilize the tool:
- Log into the Ashford University Student Portal
- Click on Job Search & Resume Builder link under Career Services
- Go to the My Documents Tab
- Select the Resume Builder Tab
- Create, save, and edit these résumés to meet your assignment guidelines.
Writing Professional RésumésThe Assignment:
Student’s name Course name and number Instructor’s name Date submitted
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page), and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Résumés should be formatted according to the guidelines in the Ashford University Resume Builder tool.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper