Done and Uploaded
Two Cases Study
Application of Critical Incident Stress Defriefing.
Case Study Nº 1
Desert Viejo (DV)
• The facts happened in an Elementary School situated in a working class
neighborhood. It is a K-6 school and has student body of 1,200 children. The
population of students is diverse in culture and race.
• After an argument with his ex-wife about custody and visitations, “Ben” the
father of a 4th grader girl, went to the school carrying a an M-16 assault rifle
equipped with an extended clip, with 50 rounds of ammunition. Ben eventually
made his way into the school, then the front administrative office and emptied all
50 rounds on the occupants
• A group of students were passing by the front office as the assault began. One
child was injured, but not fatally. Emergency services found 5 fatalities, included
Ben, who took his own life with a hand gun after his killing spree.
• The small group of children passing by the office at the time of the assault was
the only children who witnessed the horror. The remainder of the student body
and teachers report hearing “pops,” crashing, and “breaking stuff” from their
Tasks to perform
• Task 1: Talk to the whole population of the
School about the success and guide them in
• Task 2: Instruct the teachers to search the
students for signs of PTSD
• Task 3: Talk to the par...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer