Please help me out please

label Statistics
account_circle Unassigned
schedule 1 Day
account_balance_wallet $5

Suppose we construct a 90% confidence interval for a mean.  This is equivalent to a two-tailed hypothesis test with _________ level of significance.

1. 10%

2. 1%

3. 5%

4. 20%

Apr 3rd, 2015

Answer 3  5%

If we have a 90% confidence interval, then the probability of error is 10% in total but could be greater than our interval maximum l or smaller than our interval minimum - we allow 5% error in either direction

(notice we can also write our intervals as 10 plus or minus 1.7 , for instance - indicating it could be more or less than our estimate of the mean)

Apr 3rd, 2015

Any questions , please fire away - I am waiting

Apr 3rd, 2015

Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.
Click to visit
The Notebank
...
Apr 3rd, 2015
...
Apr 3rd, 2015
Jun 27th, 2017
check_circle
Mark as Final Answer
check_circle
Unmark as Final Answer
check_circle
Final Answer

Secure Information

Content will be erased after question is completed.

check_circle
Final Answer