The payout on matching a color (red/black) in roulette is one to one. In other words, if you bet a dollar and win, you get a dollar. There are 38 slots on a roulette wheel,18 of which are red, 18 of which are black, and 2 of which are green (0 and 00)
1. Compute the expected value for a $1 bet on the color red
2. Interpret your answer for part a in the context of the problem
Thank you so much! Could you help me with this question also
In a particular game show, a contestant is given the option of selecting from three mystery boxes, one of which contain a prize. The contestant is given the opportunity to win up to 5 prizes by repeating thsi same procedure. If the contestant wins all 5 prizes, he/she gets a bonus round in which to choose from 10 boxes. one of which contains $1000
1. what is the probability that the contestant walks away empty handed?
2. What is the probability that the contestant wins exactly 4 prizes
3. What is the probability that the contestant wins no less than 2 prizes
4. What is the contestants expected number of prizes (regular rounds only) ? Interpret this result
5. What is the overall probability that the contestant wins $1000
Apr 6th, 2015
Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.