1. Beyond a reasonable doubt means that the jurors must absolutely convinced of the defendant's guilt in order to return a guilty verdict.
2. Cases begun in state can only be appealed to the united states supreme court if they raise a federal issue.
3. Categorizing a client's legal problem is a necessary part of organizing a legal research plan.
4. Charging a person with a criminal violation and suing that person civilly constitutes double jeopardy.
2. TRUE [that is, if one construes constitutionality to be solely a "federal issue"].
4. FALSE [easy example: O.J. Simpson was acquitted in criminal court (for murder) yet successfully sued (for a huge amount) in civil court (by the survivors of the deceased)].
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?