Chocolate Chip recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter (salted or unsalted)
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup of flour (all-purpose, self rising, or bread flour
- 1 cup of your choice of chocolate chips
Pick 2 ingredients that have fractions in them. (for example 2 1/2 cups of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon)
Find out the unit rate of one ingredient compared to another. For example, find out how many cups of flour you need for every teaspoon of salt. Look back at Step 5 for examples on how to do this.
Pick 2 different ingredients that have fractions in them.
Find out the unit rate of one ingredient compared to another.
Calculate how much of each ingredient you need for 1 serving. (That may be 1 serving, 1 cookie, 1 brownie, etc.)
(a) How many servings does your recipe normally produce?
(b) Write ratios for how much of each ingredient you need for that number of servings.
- Find the unit rate for each of those ratios