Directions: Answer one of the two questions for each of the following six sets of questions. and post 3-4 lines of a response
- 1. Compare and contrast what happens after Jesus dies on the cross in Mark and Matthew.
- 2. What is Jesus' attitude towards the Mosaic Law as presented by Matthew (Mt. 5)? Why is this significant?
- 1. Contrast Mark 6:4 and Luke 4:24. Why is the lack of honor by the family eliminated by Luke?
- 2. Contrast Mark 14:3-9 and Luke 7:36-50. Is there any Lukan element highlighted by the contrast?
- 1. The first chapter of Genesis has God creating by speaking (e.g., "Let there be light," etc.). What meaning does this add to the use of the language of "Word" in John 1?
- 2. Why do you think Jesus in John's Gospel is not baptized by John the Baptist as he is in Mark's Gospel, but instead is presented as an executive in charge of baptizing (Jn. 1:32-34; 3:22-23; 4:1-3)?
- 1. When Paul speaks of meeting the Lord in the clouds, how might he have expressed his thought had he flown in an airplane and looked down on the clouds?
- 2. In 1 Corinthians, what understanding of Jesus or Christian symbol does Paul use to attack worldly wisdom?
- 1. What do you think Paul is trying to accomplish by talking about the example of Christ who emptied himself in Philippians 2?
- 2. How does Paul's description of himself as a true apostle relate to his request for money for the poor from the Corinthians?
- 1. In Romans, how does Paul rationalize the lack of receptivity of many Jews to his preaching in Chapters 9-11?
- 2. How can Paul include "self-control" (Gal. 5:23) as expressive of freedom and the Spirit? Isn't self-control the opposite of freedom?
Tags: bible Christianity catholic
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool's honor code & terms of service.
Explanation & Answer
I use Studypool every time I need help studying, and it never disappoints.
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
Most Popular Content
book: the crossover, English homework help
The book is crossover and the theme is family tell me the rising action,climax,and falling action and resolution ...
Acaydia Spa and School of Aesthetics Ethics Applies Discussion
Please respond to michael with 150 words Ethics applies in construction concerning the design professionals, the contracto...
UTRGV Humanity Culture and Society Theorists Perspectives Essay
You will select your favorite 5 theorists from 5 different paradigms/schools of thought that we have covered d...
What motivates you.?
In 2-3 paragraphs, tell me what are extrinsnic and intrinsnic motivators in your life. Why do you feel these are what moti...
PHIL 202 Upper Iowa University Utilitarian View of Happiness Discussion
Your initial response to the discussion question should be 100-300 words.DQ1Some ethical views say that it always ethicall...
Developmental Theories, Cognitive Behavioral Theory, and Social Learning Theory
Write a 5- to 6-page paper (excluding the title page and references) that references at least four scholarly articles whic...
2018071203052720180711235108simple Response To The Book Thinking For Yourself By Marlys Mayfield 9th Edition Cengage 2014 1
1 Appeal to pity and Manipulative – seeks to legitimize failure to deliver the homework by making the teacher feel pity ...
A pebble mine is an idea is set to be used to power the initiative of green energy in the...
Thesis statement: industrial revolution has led to the advancement of technology for instance the communication; as a resu...
by Ursula Kroeber Le Guin
The Atlantis Gene
by S. A. Beck
The Color Purple
by Alice Walker
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
by Marie Kondo
Death Of A Salesmen
by Arthur Miller
The Visible Filth
by Nathan Ballingrud
All the Kings Men
by Robert Penn Warren
Where'd You Go Bernadette
by Maria Semple
Our tutors provide high quality explanations & answers.
Most Popular Content