Please use APA template attached (paper does not require a running header)- No more than 1050 words on plan. Include introduction and conclusion with the plan.
American Plastics had fared rather worse than its competitors during the economic downturn. With revenue, quality, and productivity down, management set several goals to reverse the company's fortune. One area in need of improvement was human resources and "Janet," the newly appointed HR Director faced a daunting challenge: to quickly re-invent the Human Resources function, reposition it a strategic partner to the business, and improve employee perceptions of her department. Her predecessor retired after leading a major reduction in force causing a significant exodus of key talent, some unexpected. Janet was charged with finding a way to retain top talent and develop a steady but highly-qualified stream of candidates to fill regular as well as critical positions. The CEO agreed with her that differentiating the human resources function was essential for the company's strategic plan to succeed.
In her first two weeks on the job Janet discovered:
- Job descriptions were inconsistent, long but vague lists of high level "duties and responsibilities" and qualifications
- Job titles didn't reflect the work people did, used instead as a framework for budgeting and compensation as many were doing unique work requiring different knowledge and skills.
- Aside from providing a coordinating function, human resources had outsourced recruiting to third parties who presented candidates based on their internet postings and other sources. No matter the level or criticality of the open position, human resources rarely conducted interviews or assessments before or after handing over the third party resumes to the hiring organization and would get involved again only when a candidate was selected.
- HR's participation in the onboarding process of new employees was limited to having them attend a half-day orientation session where, between a video and a slide presentation about the company, they filled out benefits-related, payroll, ID and other paper forms.
- Training and Development (T&D) had largely been outsourced to several companies that provided generic on-line courses.
- The recent departure of several mission-critical employees disclosed no systematic means of capturing expertise from employees; when they left, their knowledge left with them.
- The Performance Employee Evaluation Program didn't align with anything, was viewed by managers and individual contributors alike as a burdensome annual chore that interfered with people's "real jobs."
The management of talent is one of a handful of strategic services human resources can offer. The decline of traditional HR functions through automation, self-service, and outsourcing demands a "culture change" within human resources: adopt a business focus by an organization still structured largely around benefits administration, time and attendance reporting, labor cost processing, and similar transactional operations.
Write a communications plan not to exceed 1,050 words to support the strategy of American Plastics.
Justify why they were important for your strategic HRM planning process.
Recommend how to address these considerations.
Focus on resolution of the human resource management challenges in order to support operational strategies.
Cite all sources according to APA formatting guidelines.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Thank you for working with me.
The human resource department is one of the most significant divisions within any
organization as it manages the most critical resource of the body. The human resource is the key
to driving the team into achieving high quality, revenue, and productivity. The communication
plan is directed to the American plastics human resource department with an objective of
supporting the strategy employed by the company in re-invention of the human resource
function, improvement of how the employees perceive the HR department and reposition the HR
department as a strategic partner of the organization.
Justifications and Support of the Strategy of American Plastics
The American Plastics move to improve their state of business after the depression gives
significant focus on the human resource division of the organization. Some of the initiatives like
the re-invention of the Human Resources function are important in the strategic planning
process. The 21st century has been associated with the increased connectedness of organization,
the economy within this period has changed at different times affecting some companies
positively and negatively. The dynamic times call for the reinvention of the function of human
resource department within organizations that need to deal with the changes to be able to sustain
high productivity, quality and revenue generation. The talent remains the most sought asset in the
global marketplace. Individuals have transformed to getting more power such that they can