Read the article Cleveland Shooting Highlight’s Facebook’s Responsibility in Policing Depraved Videos found at: http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/cleveland-shooting-highlights-facebook-s-responsibility-policing-depraved-videos-n747306
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Discuss whether or not you believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim.
- Suggest and elaborate on three (3) ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.
- Propose two (2) safeguards that Facebook and other social media platforms should put into place to help prevent acts of violence from being broadcasted.
- Conduct some research to determine whether or not Facebook has an Ethics Officer or Oversight Committee. If so, discuss the key functions of these positions. If not, debate on whether or not they should create these roles.
- Propose two (2) changes Facebook should adopt to encourage ethical use of their platform.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate governance.
- Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Good luck in your study and if you need any further help in your assignments, please let me know.Goodbye
Running head: FACEBOOK LIVE KILLINGS
Facebook Live Killings
Facebook Live Killings
Jen Golbeck associates the increased incidents of people "killing, torturing, and raping"
with the huge "captive audience" that Facebook Live offers (Newcomb, 2017). If what he says is
anything to go by, then Facebook has a legal and ethical duty to rescue a crime victim. Of
course, the statement is just a hypothesis, but then we cannot ignore its intended implication that
Facebook Live by its massive audience exposes the community to crime. Tort Law – particularly
negligence law – legally binds Facebook with the duty of protecting and even rescuing victims of
crimes. Any form negligence by Facebook should and must amount to legal liability for the
Of course, issues of privacy arise when Facebook has to intervene, but they do not hold
water when you think about it. The principles of Natural Law define the rights and freedoms of
an individual around the boundaries of the rights and freedoms of others so that the individual
may lose her right to privacy when she violates the rights and freedoms of others. This argument,
therefore, indemnifies Facebook from any ethical violation of privacy if the company decided to
Facebook alone has more than 1.86 billion users. Add to this the number of users other
social networks like Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, QQ, etc. have to offer, and the result is
tremendous. Now imagine the number of interconnections between...