6. Which equation represents a direct linear variation?
y = x2
y = x + 3
7. Which is the direct linear variation equation for the
y varies directly with x and y = 12 when x = 4.
y = 2x + 4
y = 3x
y = x + 8
y = x – 89. Which is the quadratic variation equation for the
y varies directly with x2 and y = 48 when x = 2.
y = 12x2
y = 1/24 x2
y = 24x211. y varies inversely with x and y = 8 when x = 2.
6. y = (2/5)x is a direct linear variation
7. y = 3x is a direct linear variation (x = 4, y = 12)
9. y = 12 x^2 varies directly with x^2 and y = 12*2^2 = 12*4 = 48
11. If y varies inversely with x and y = 8 when x = 2, then y = k/x; 8 = k/2, and k = 16.
The answer is y = 16/x.
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?