Task Name: Phase
Deliverable Length: 1,000
– 1,200 words
Due Date: 27
As a business owner, you need to
approach the issue of globalization and trade in context. With all the
complicated tariff and nontariff trade policies, organizations, and government
involvement, the important question to ask is why the United States maintains
certain economic policies.
Consider the following:
- Select two industries and explain where you would find
the U.S. international trade policies and their history as they apply to
your chosen industries.
- Do the economic trade policies today help or hurt
business owners and laborers?
- Is the automobile industry protected?
- What tariff policy is in place for automobile
- What type of administered protection is in place, if
- Compare the automobile industry to the two industries
you chose to research.
- How could the state or local representative help or
hurt a business owner in the era of globalization?
- What influences do the following organizations have on
business owners, and what is their history?
- The World Bank
- The IMF
- The European Union
- The Doha Round
affect the automobile industry's decisions on what to do with labor and capital
costs? If so, how? In your opinion, was this trade agreement good for the
United States and Mexico from an economic standpoint?