Written Assignment #1 Film Analysis
It is your responsibility to locate and borrow/rent the film you will view and analyze for this assignment.
- Grace is Gone
- A Single Man
- Summer Hours
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- The Hours
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Girl Interrupted
- Mystic River
***The movie I choose is Girl Interrupted and I have attached chapters from my textbook below please use the reading material below to go with this movie. Thank you).
First, view one of the movies listed. Then, in a paper of 5-7 pages (double spaced with 1" margins) answer the following questions: (Remember, I've seen the film. I'm not looking for a written account of what happened in the movie. As you are answering the questions, connect the film to what you are reading for this class and integrate that into your paper. The integration of reading material is a must for every paper.)
- What are the losses in this movie?
- What stage of loss can you identify in two of the main characters?
- What behaviors are used to mitigate, ignore or deal with the losses? Does this succeed in doing so?
- Explain any rituals used and link them to the cultural context of the movie.
- How does culture influence the characters and their responses to the loss, their attention to one another and to society?
Please use the APA guidelines for documenting citations within a paper.wolfelt chapter 3.pdf
Alan Wolfelt, Ph.D. 1994 - Helping Children Cope with Grief
worden chapter 2.pdf J. William Worden 2009 - Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy: A handbook for the mental health practitioner, fourth edition
welschons chpter 5-6.pdf John E. Welshons 2003 - Awakening from Grief: Finding the way back to joy