Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Analyze the realities of organizational structure and internal politics used when deploying a company-wide policy.
The acceptable use policy (AUP) can be challenging for some employees to adhere to. In many organizations, it is difficult to maintain a single version of an AUP because owners and senior management often want to have more control over their computing systems and feel they can justify it by their positions.
Participate in discussion with your peers to answer the following questions related to the above scenario:
- Do you think senior management has more to lose than other employees, such as an accounting clerk, if an attack occurs on the computer systems used by senior management?
- Do you support the statement that senior management should have a different AUP than other employees?
- Marvin, a co-owner of an organization, does not follow the AUP although Stella, the other co-owner, does follow it. The security manager explains to Marvin that the AUP is in place to protect the entire organization. Marvin still refuses, saying he must have more flexibility to complete his job duties. Is Marvin’s attitude ethical behavior or not?
Substantiate your perspective based on facts and information and respond to the queries of your peers. Remember to submit a report at the end of the discussion summarizing the following:
- Key points discussed
- Different perspectives covered
- Format: Microsoft Word or compatible
- Font: Arial, 12-point, double-spaced
- Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
- Length: 1/2–1 page
- I engaged in a discussion of the assigned topics with at least two of my peers.
- I articulated my position for or against having different AUPs for different employees.
- I articulated my position on ethical behavior.
- I supported my arguments with data and factual information.
- I compared and contrasted my position with the perspectives offered by my peers.
- I raised questions and solicited peer and instructor input on the topics discussed.
- I articulated my position clearly and logically.
- I followed the submission requirements.
Explanation & Answer
View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions.
Last Name 1
Inter-Organizational Politics and Ethical Behavior
The senior management could have more to lose after a cyberattack. An
employee like the accounting clerk is more concerned about operational...