1) milimoles of (H+) produced from HCl = volume*molarity = 40*0.1= 4 mili moles
2) ( OH-) added to reach equivalence point = 40 ml*0.1=4 milimoles
3) Total amount of (OH-) added after equivalence point to make 100ml solution = 100-(40+40) =20 ml
Thus milli moles of (OH-) added after equivalence = 20*0.1 = 2 milli moles
4) At equivalence point, [OH(-)] aq = 10^(-7) M
5) At 120 ml total volume, excess [OH(-)] aq (not neutralized) = 120-80 = 40 ml
Hence concentration [OH(-)] aq= moles/volume = 4/120 = 0.03 M
6) pH = 13(nearby)
7)It turns colorless in acidic solutions and pink in basic solutions. So, the titration is complete when a pink colour is observed. pH range for colour change of Phenolphthalein is 8-9.8.
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?