Fast Paced Financial is a start-up company that has decided to deploy a
Windows Server 2008 network. Imagine you’re a network technician who has
been consulted to help provide IT support throughout this deployment.
You have been presented with a variety of scenarios with issues that you
Write a 5-8 page paper in which you analyze and solve the following issues:
Cohen, the owner, has asked you explain why it warrants spending a
substantial amount of money to deploy a Window Server 2008 network. He
doesn’t seem to understand the concept of directory services and how
this benefits a network on many levels. Two of his main concerns are
ensuring his network has little to no downtime and preventing the loss
of sensitive data.
- Describe the benefits of directory
services, namely, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and how it
improves the efficiency of the network from the standpoint of accessing
and organizing resources.
- Provide a scenario and explanation for using AD DS in relation to two (2) of his main concerns.
Paced Financial (FPF) will use FPF.com as its DNS name. FPF has its
main office located in New York City and satellite offices in Houston,
Indianapolis and Los Angeles. FPF wants to maintain a separate child
domain in the forest representing each of
- Create a
diagram using Visio or its open source alternative software to
illustrate the forest structure. Note: The graphically depicted solution
is not included in the required page length.
- Propose the domain names that you would recommend be contained within the forest. Include them within your diagram.
network is evolving and is now prone to server outages. A server
holding the PDC Emulator Flexible Single Master Operations Roles (FSMO)
role has inexplicably gone offline and users are affected.
- Explain the impact this server outage has on the network; specifically, how users are affected.
- Suggest the plan of action you would take to restore the outage to the network.
for future outages by creating documentation detailing how you would
handle the unavailability of two (2) other FSMO roles of your choosing.
are new issues with FPF’s network. The Websites it has are not fully
routed. There have even been some Active Directory data replication
problems. Explain how you would increase replication efficiency within
the network without buying additional equipment.
- The first
domain controller in FPF’s forest is, by default, a global catalog
server. FPF’s newly hired Network Administrator recommends adding an
additional global catalog server to one of FPF’ � s remote sites since
the site seems to have an unreliable WAN link. He asks for your advice.
- Explain why you believe the addition of a global catalog server is either a good or bad idea.
one possible implication of placing a global catalog at a remote site
so you can help the Network Administrator make an informed decision.
at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams
created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such
as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must
be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services.
- Demonstrate the ability to describe, configure and administer Active Directory services.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and manage Active Directory Sites.
- Describe the Global Catalog and Flexible Single Master Operations Roles.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Directory Server environments.
clearly and concisely about Directory Services infrastructure topics
using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.