- Contents of a Annual Report
Discuss the following scenario: Staff members from the marketing department of your firm are doing a splendid job selling products to customers. Many of the customers are so pleased, in fact, that they are also buying shares in the company’s stock, which means that they receive a copy of the firm’s annual report. Unfortunately, questions sometimes arise that the marketing staff members are woefully inadequate at answering. Technical questions about the firm’s financial condition and performance are referred to the chief financial officer, but the director of marketing has asked you to write a memo in which you explain the key elements in an annual report so that marketing representatives are better prepared to respond to questions of a more general nature. Write a clear, concise memo (no more than 250 words) that describes the contents of an annual report so marketing personnel can understand the basic requirements of an annual report. Respond to at least two of your fellow students' postings.
- Financial Statement Analysis
The financial statement analysis is due in Week Six. To help you begin your preparation of this work, select a company that you will do the analysis of. Write at least a 200 word summary identifying the firm that you selected, summarizing why you selected it, and explaining the items that a financial analyst might find useful within its Annual Report. Respond to at least two of your fellow students' postings.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Assignment link in the left navigation.
Eastman Kodak 1The book is Fraser, L. M., & Ormiston, A. (2010) Understanding financial statements (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall. ISBN 0136086241. Please let me know if you have this book or not.
Each chapter in the textbook contains a continuation of this problem. The objective is to learn how to do a comprehensive financial statement analysis in steps as you learn the content of each chapter. Keep this in mind as you complete each week’s written assignment. Complete the below required steps (a – c) and write a 3- page paper summarizing your findings.
- The financial statement analysis template (click on "Excel Template" in the left navigation) can be found at the text companion website. Once you have linked to the template you should see a window that asks whether you want to enable the macros. You must click on “Enable Macros” to use the template. (You may have to change the security settings on your computer in order to use this feature.) Familiarize yourself with the instructions in the template. The tab for the instructions is at the bottom of your screen and is labeled “ReadMe”. Print out (or save) a copy of the instructions to be used for all the Eastman Kodak problems in each chapter of the text. Click on the link at the bottom of the screen labeled “Cover”. Enter all of the required data in the template for Eastman Kodak. Use the instructions to help you locate the necessary information. The amount for “Rent Expense” can be found in Note 11 under the heading “Other Commitments and Contingencies”. When filling in the cash flow data use the cash flow numbers for continuing operations only. Save the cover sheet when it is completed for submission to your instructor. Save the template in order to use it with subsequent problems in later chapters.
- Access newspaper and periodical articles about Eastman Kodak to learn of any information that would be helpful in understanding the company’s financial condition as well as future plans. Summarize what you learn.
- Using the Eastman Kodak 2007 Annual Report and Form10-K, review Items 1, 3, and 4 of the Form10-K as well as the Report of Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm found in Item 8. Write a concise summary of the important items learned from reading these items.
I would prefer that the person that helps me with this assignment helps me throughout the entire course.