is It Our Differences or Our Similarities That Matter Most? DiscussionIn
this discussion, you will discuss issues of the Holocaust and about our
differences and similarities. Refer to the texts in this section, other
texts you have read, and your personal experience and knowledge to
support your ideas. Begin your discussion by addressing the following
• What differences became matters of life and death during the Holocaust?
• Do differences between people necessarily lead to conflict?
• How can the Holocaust help us find similarities that go beyond race, culture, nationality, and so on?
• Why is it important to remember what was done in the name of difference and similarity during the Holocaust?
• What reasons might people have to forget such issues? What reasons might they have to remember?