Assignment #1: "Code of Conduct Memo - Draft"
You are a manager at a call
center. The company frowns upon phone calls and texting during work hours. You
have looked the other way a few times, but it has started to get out of hand.
You need to write a memo reminding everyone that private phone and text message
use on company time is viewed as a violation of the company’s code of ethics.
Write a 1-page memo in which you address the situation, emphasizing the
violation of the company’s code of conduct. In your document, you should:
- Ensure the memo is clear and brief.
- Choose language to match the purpose and tone for the situation and
- Format the memo accurately and according to the details in the
- Create an effective opening that establishes goodwill without obscuring the
Your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
Illustrate the relationship between how audience
characteristics match the context of technical writing.
- Explain ideas in proper format using accurate details and relevant
- Employ correct Edited Standard Written English (ESWE).
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in technical
- Write clearly and concisely about technical writing using proper writing
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer
quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using
the following rubric