1. Use free publicity. It costs you nothing and builds credibility and awareness. So look for opportunities to be involved with community activities.
2. Speak at local organizations. Every organization is looking for speakers for their monthly meetings, so offer to share your knowledge with them. You'll get exposure to groups as an expert and meet lots of new people who might be potential clients.
3. Write articles for newsletters, newspapers, industry journals and your own website. Sharing information builds name recognition, which helps bring in clients.
4. Create a website. Websites are a must. You're missing a great opportunity if your business doesn't have a presence on the web. It's a very cost-effective way of letting people know about you and your products and services.
5. Partner with others. Look for businesses with complementary services to create cooperative advertising campaigns so that you have a pool of dollars.
6. Look at ways that you can get more involved in the organizations you already work with. This helps build your name recognition by being involved on committees.
7. Networking is the most effective way to meet people. People like to do business with others they know. Networking takes very few dollars, but it does take a time commitment because you must be consistent in your networking efforts.
Content will be erased after question is completed.