With the ongoing emphasis on being financially responsible, the government often implements the RFP process to attain demonstrable cost savings. Review the following sample Request for Proposal and respond to the questions listed below.
Sample Request for Proposal: Implementation Assistance and Training Support
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is accepting proposals from firms that support Evergreen, an open source software. DHS seeks assistance in training staff, and providing support to staff responsible for planning and implementing the launch of Evergreen as an integrated research system.
Services to Be Performed by Respondent
- Assist the DHS in making changes that bring to use of electronic circulation, online catalog, and technical services support.
- Provide recommendations to DHS for hardware procurement and firewall procurement.
- Provide estimate to DHS for training in the following area: system administration.
Responding to this Request
In responding to this request, your proposal should include the following components:
- Scope of Work and Cost Proposal: Complete responses for each item in Services to be Performed.
- Relevant Experience: Detail your firm’s experience in providing Evergreen installation services, as well as Evergreen support services.
- References: Provide information on whether your firm currently provides Evergreen support to any other federal agency.
Evaluation of Proposals
DHS will evaluate proposals on a qualitative basis. This includes discussions with other clients, and the firm’s completeness and timeliness in its response to us.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Discuss whether the sample Request for Proposal meets the government’s standard form for solicitation.
- Evaluate whether competitive negotiations in government contracting for the above Request for Proposal would produce a cost savings for the government.
- If a smaller firm is awarded the contract for service, discuss the procedures that a larger firm would need to follow to file a protest.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.