Answer and submit photos of any problems that required working out
14. What is the average molar mass of a) S b) Na
16- What is the mass of avagadros number of iron atoms
18- How many mercury atoms are present in 1.0 x 10^-10 mol of mercury?
20- How many mol of sodium correspond to 1.0 x 10^15 atoms of sodium?
22- how many g of carbon are contained in 3.00 mol of carbon?
24- what is the mass in g of 1.00 mol of nitrogen atoms?
26) calculate the number of mol corresponding to a) .10 g Ca b) 4.00 Fe c) 2.00 kg N2
28) what is the mass, in g, of 15.0 mol of carbon?
29) calculate the number of silver atoms in 15.0 g of silver
30) calculate the number of silver atoms in 15.0 g of carbon
34) Calculate the molar mass in each of the following formula units a) S8 b) (NH4)2SO4 c) CO2
36) Calculate the molar mass in g/ mol, of ozone, O3
38) Calculate the molar mass of CaCl2 x 2H2O
40) calculate the number of mol corresponding to a) 15.0 g NaCl b) 15.0 g Na2SO4
41) calculate the mass in g corresponding to a) 1.000 mol H2O b) 2.000 mol NaCl c) .400 mol NH3 d) .800 mol BaCO3 e) 10.0 mol He f) 1.00 x 10^2 mol H2 g) 2.00 mol CH4 h) .400 mol Ca(NO3)2
56) what is the meaning of the coefficient in a chemical equation?
58) what is the meaning of (s), (l), or (g) immediately following the symbol for a chemical substance?
62) describe the process of checking to ensure that an equation is properly balanced
74) write a balanced equation for a) Ammonia is formed by the reaction of nitrogen and hydrogen
b) Hydrochloric acid reacts with sodium hydroxide to produce water and sodium chloride
76) write a balanced equation for a) sulfur, present as an impurity un coal, is burned un oxygen to produce sulfur dioxide
82) why is it essential to use balanced equations to solve mol problems?
84) describe the steps used in the calculation of g of product resulting from the reaction of a specified number of g of reactant
94) How much oxygen is produced from 1.00 x 10^2 g Hg)? Dinitrogen monoxide ( also known as nitrous oxide and used as an anesthetic) can be made by heating ammonium nitrate
NH4NO3(s)-----> N2O(g) + 2H2O(g)
How much dinitrogen monoxide can be made by 1.00 x 10^2 of ammonium nitrate?
C.T #1- Which of the following has fewer mol of carbon: 100 g of CaCO3 or .5 mol of CCl4?
C.T. #2- Which of the following has fewer mol of carbon: 6.02 x 10^22 molecules of c2H6 or 88 g of CO2?