I will provide you an example of this issue as you start working on it.
You will be designing a special issue of The Pitch
, a local KC magazine highlighting area news, food, music, arts and entertainment. This eight page issue will be a "BEST OF KC" guide to either food/drink, music, or arts/entertainment. You choose which ONE topic to focus on.
NOTE that The Pitch is a contemporary, often "edgy" magazine with a specific audience (young, hip, urban, etc). Your design decisions should reflect this audience.
DETAILS - your magazine MUST contain
• 8 - 8.5 x 11 pages (front and back cover each count as one page)
• Custom designed cover with Pitch logo, (Check the attachment or click Pitch logo . then you can see the Pitch logo) full bleed photo, headline, article titles - see other Pitch covers for examples
• Table of contents
• Specific pages:
1 Feature article that relates to your topic - must be a minimum of two pages in length - do not have to write it, can simply find one online
2 Feature article must have headline, sub-headline, supporting photography, multi-column layout, and pull-quote(s)
3 Guide section to the "best of"-minimum of two pages in length - do not have to write it, can simply find one online
4 Full page advertisement - can highlight a restaurant, concert, festival, etc. - must be designed by you
• Use The Pitch Website (Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site. www.pitch.com/
to source existing articles for both text and images
• Master Pages for margins/column guides, page numbers, and title/footer
• Character styles - choose a selection of 2 to 3 fonts that work well together and support clear hierarchy. Set up