hi i need someone to do me my homework

Anonymous
timer Asked: Dec 7th, 2017
account_balance_wallet $5

Question description

Attached please quility work and write it in the same doucument just write the answer in dark black to just print it out and its onlt 5 pages and has multiple choices as it shown

Tutor Answer

blurangel
School: Duke University

Attached.

a.) Solution can be defined as the mixture of one more solutes dissolved in a solvent such
as sea water.
b.) Solvent can be defined as the substance in which the solute is dissolved for example
solvent for sea water is water.
c.) Solute can be defined as the substance that is dissolved in a solution.
2. Is it possible to combine any two substances to create a solution? Explain.
Solution can be created by mixing both solvent and solute. A solute is the substance to be
dissolved such as sugar while the solvent is the one doing the dissolving such as water.
3. If you were to mix a polar and a nonpolar substance together in a beaker, what will
happen? Is this a solution?
It will become a solution because it miscible in water which means that the two liquids can
be mixed in any proportion without any limit to their solubility and because the particles of
the liquid are moving constantly. Some of the beaker will immediately move into water.
4. What is the difference between a saturated solution and a concentrated solution?
A Saturated solution means all the possible solute that can dissolve whereas Concentrated
solution means that a lot can be dissolved.
5. One brand of ethyl alcohol is 95% ethyl alcohol, and the remaining 5% of the
solution is water. What is the solvent and what is the solute of this solution?
The solvent of this solution is ethyl alcohol while the solute of this solution is water.
6. A stock solution of 1.0 M sodium hydroxide is diluted with water. If the solution is
5% sodium hydroxide and 95% water, what is the solvent and what is the solute of
this solution?
The solvent of this solution sodium because it can dissolve the possible amount while the
solute is water because it can dissolve a lot.
7. For the following substances, identify the solute:
a.) salt water: when salt is dissolved in water, it changes from solid to liquid while the
water remains liquid. The salt is the solute in this solution.
b.) sweet tea: the solute of this solution is sugar because solid dissolve in water.
c.) soda: the solute of this solution is gas because soda is carbon dioxide.
8. From the following solvents, which would be the best at removing grease from an
object?

c.) CH3CH2CH2CH3
9. Solutions do not necessarily have to be a liquid; which of the following choices
would be the solvent in air?
a.) O2
b.) N2
c.) CO2
10. How many moles of H2O are in a 178 g solution containing 46.2% water?
There are 8.8 mole of H2O in 178g solution.
There are 832.3g solution which contain 46.2 mole water.
11. How many grams of CO2 are in 65.5 mL of soda if 30.4% of the solution is CO2?
There are 2.1g of solution in CO2.
12. How many grams of aluminum are present in a 436 g solution if 57.2% of the
solution is aluminum? Is aluminum the solvent or solute in this particular solution?
There are 1543.3g of aluminum in 57.2...

flag Report DMCA
Review

Anonymous
Top quality work from this guy! I'll be back!

Similar Questions
Hot Questions
Related Tags

Brown University





1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology




2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University




982 Tutors

Columbia University





1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University





2113 Tutors

Emory University





2279 Tutors

Harvard University





599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology



2319 Tutors

New York University





1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University





1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University





2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University





932 Tutors

Princeton University





1211 Tutors

Stanford University





983 Tutors

University of California





1282 Tutors

Oxford University





123 Tutors

Yale University





2325 Tutors