Requirements may be subject to change and are fully referenced in the Arizona Revised Statutes and Administrative Code. All submitted documentation, including transcripts, becomes the property of The Arizona Department of Education and will not be returned.
- Teaching Certificates
- Administrative Certificates
- Special Education Certificates
- Career and Technical Education Certificates
- Professional Non-Teaching Certificates
- Reciprocal Certificates
- Emergency Certificates
Comparable Out-Of-State Exams
Comparable out-of-state exams will only be accepted under the rules of Reciprocity. Individuals who are completing an Arizona State Board approved program must take and pass the appropriate NES or AEPA exams for the program you are completing. Lists will be updated periodically as new information is obtained. These versions supersede any previous versions.
Out-of-state exams must meet the following criteria:
- Only exam score reports that state “Pass” or “Passed will be accepted. Score reports will NOT be interpreted to determine a passing score.
- Scores 10 years or older will not be accepted.
- Exams will only be accepted if the exams were taken and passed to qualify for an out-of-state educator certificate prior to application for the Arizona certificate.
Content will be erased after question is completed.