Please show evidence of your answer if possible or explain your selection.
1. Hobbies, spending habits and recent purchases are examples of:
a. lifestyle information
b. personal information
c. personality information
d. second source information
2. Many factors are present to assist someone in the process of acculturation. Which of the following statements highlights a factor that determines a speedy acculturation of a person from his or her original culture to the immigrated culture?
a. Recency of arrival pf the immigrant to the new culture
b. Withholding translation services to the immigrant
c. Segregation of the immigrant from the new culture
d. Resistance of the immigrant to participate events of the new culture
3. While shopping for a new outfit for a special event, Travis considers a shirt like the one his friend Ken is wearing since he has a good fashion sense. He finds something similar but not identical and his friend Cindy encourages him to buy it because while it is not too flashy, it demonstrates independence and he thinks his gang will like it. Which generation do Travis and Cindy belong to?
a. Baby Boomers
d. Generation X
4. One value of older consumers is to live active lives and be self sufficient. Another is to give back to the world. Jim and Nancy invite younger people over and give them advice. Which of these is the third value of older consumers that this action satisfies?
a. tell stories of their lives
b. provide younger generations with their basic needs
c. share connectedness with family and friends
d. show that all older people aren't unfriendly to younger people.
5. Americans engage in many different rituals. Which one of these is a type of ritual our society engages in?
6. John plays his Nascar video game and is able to choose the sponsors for his racing team. Even though this is a game, the advertising is actually an example of the use of:
a. product over-exposure
b. reality engineering
c. temporal sampling
d. product trailability