Analyze and explain the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating.
Write a response of at least 450 words that explains the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders. Address the following:
- Describe the risks associated with excess body fat.
- Discuss at least five factors that influence the obesity epidemic.
- Assess the various techniques for measuring body fat.
- Explain the various strategies for weight loss.
- What are some health problems associated with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder? Explain how each of the eating disorders mentioned may lead to health problems. What are the treatment options for these disorders?
Include references with in-text citations in APA format. The paper has to be according to the APA format guidelines include header, headlines for introduction, and all questions asked above, and a closing statement (conclusion).
Minimum of 2 peer reviewed references.
Explanation & Answer
Running Head: BODY FAT AND EATING DISORDERS
Body Fat and Eating Disorders
BODY FAT AND EATING DISORDERS
Obesity is a disorder where an individual has amassed body fat to the extent that it affects
their health negatively. A person who is obese has a Body Mass Index of over 30. There is a held
assessment that the eating disorders are an individual choice of lifestyle. However, the eating
disorders are in really severe and often-fatal disorders that lead to severe instabilities in eating
behaviors of the individual. Fixations with shape, body weight, and food may also be an
indication of an eating disorder. The common eating disorders are a binge-eating disorder,
anorexia nervosa, and the bulimia nervosa (Kristeller & Wolever, 2010).
The associated risks with the excess body fat include type 2 diabetes, arthritis, sleep
apnea, gallstones, osteoarthritis, liver diseases and heart disease. Progressively, numerous
researchers put forward that having excess body fa...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!